Our services have been repeatedly requested by clients with significantly different requirements. Here are a couple of examples which show the clarity of our thinking and our structured methodology.
“£ millions at risk and our capital programme on a knife-edge”
When a major funding application was recently rejected by their funders, our Client called in CPB Projects to turn the situation around.
- Poor quality initial submission led the funders to question the ability of the institution to deliver value for public money and meet the funders’ objectives.
- Long-term under-investment issues combined with entrenched inefficiencies raised doubts about the credibility of the senior team to improve performance.
- Rejection represented a serious risk to the funding of the institution’s capital programme which was the critical lever for material improvement in performance.
How We Helped
- To correct the poor first impression, we focused on marshalling and presenting a cogent case with evidence to demonstrate the client’s intentions.
- To demonstrate that the client’s plans represented good value for the funders, we re-wrote the capital application, to show the strong link between corporate strategy and the capital programme.
- We identified clear, measurable gains to be delivered by the programme when fully implemented along with key milestones and agreed actions.
- We facilitated the work of an internal project team, to deal with omissions and outstanding actions and to strengthen the link between academic strategy and the capital programme – particularly in the areas of investment appraisal and estate strategy development.
- The revised funding application was approved without conditions and the funders complimented the client on the quality of the submission.
- Client credibility with the funder was restored by using a self-critical and open approach which demonstrated awareness of the seriousness of the issues and the manner in which they needed to be addressed.
- The funder committed itself to the capital programme in the manner necessary for schemes to be progressed and the client promptly received £7m in funding following approval of its resubmission.
“We simply could not have got this far without CPB.”
For more specific overviews on projects we’ve successfully concluded for Institutional Partners across the UK, click the links in the Case Studies menu bar at the top of this page. More Case Studies are coming soon, related to the projects below:
Oxford Brookes: Strategic Space Modelling, supporting Estates Strategy development
Newham Sixth Form College: Strategic Space Modelling, technical briefing and master-planning
North Nottinghamshire College: Timetabling Process Improvement
Aston University: Teaching Space Analysis
York University: Timetable Modelling (in conjunction with Scientia)
School of Health, City University London: Curriculum Planning and Teaching Space Modelling